We understand the importance placed on the privacy of your personal information, and will take all reasonable steps to protect the privacy of the personal information that we collect, use or disclose.
This Policy applies to all clients, customers, suppliers and prospective employees (“you” or “your”). This Policy does not apply to acts and practices of TradeSmart which relate directly to the employee records of TradeSmart current and former employees.
Collection Of Personal Information
In order for you to access certain services and to order our products via our website, we collect information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”).
We collect Personal Information necessary to lawfully and ethically carry on our business or to recruit future employees.
Personal Information may include: (i) name, mailing and email addresses; (ii) residential address, city, state, postcode, area code, gender, age, purchase history, income, hobbies and interests (iii) products you own, model numbers, date and place of purchase. If you communicate with us by e-mail, or complete online forms, surveys or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as Personal Information. For example, we may request Personal Information from you when you:
- order goods that require delivery (including goods ordered online);
- contact us for further information;
- participate in surveys and other types of research;
- enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by us;
- subscribe to our mailing list;
- register your details on our website;
- ask for a quote to be prepared;
- express interest in a particular TradeSmart service; or
- submit a job application or résumé.
If you would like to access any of our services on an anonymous basis, please tell us. If this is possible and lawful, we will take all reasonable steps to comply with your request. However, we may not be able to provide the services or supply the product in question if we are not provided with the Personal Information requested.
We will not collect sensitive information from you. Sensitive information is a special category of Personal Information and includes, but is not limited to, information about your health, race or ethnic origin, political or religious beliefs, membership of a trade union or association, or criminal record.
We will also destroy any Personal Information if it is no longer needed for a lawful purpose under the APPs.
In some cases, we may not be able to provide you with certain services if you refuse to provide us with the Personal Information we need to perform the service.
How Do We Collect Personal Information?
Where possible, we collect your Personal Information directly from you. We collect information through various means, including forms and questionnaires. If you feel that the information that we are requesting, either on our forms or in our discussions with you, is not information that you wish to provide, please feel free to raise this with us.
In some situations we may also obtain Personal Information from a third party source. If we collect information about you in this way, we will take reasonable steps to contact you, and ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which we are collecting your Personal Information, and the organisations to which we may disclose your information, subject to any exceptions under the Privacy Act.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We may use your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. We may share your Personal Information amongst our Related Bodies Corporate. We may also use your Personal Information:
- to complete an order online via our website;
- to deal with your queries or customer service issues promptly, whether by email, telephone or mail. We may also keep information on your communications with our customer service representatives;
- to keep you up-to-date with products, services, events or promotions we think would be of particular interest through a variety of channels. You will be able to "opt-out" from this activity at any time;
- to enhance your customer experience and help us complete your transactions faster;
- for planning, product development or research purposes; or
- to assist us in the recruitment of future employees.
We will not use your Personal Information in a manner contrary to the Privacy Act or this Policy.
Disclosure Of Personal Information
We will use and disclose your Personal Information for the purpose for which it was collected. We may also use and disclose it for related or ancillary purposes, such as for the development and marketing of our products and services. We guarantee that we will not provide your Personal Information to any third party, except as permitted under this Policy, the Privacy Act or by law.
We will only send Personal Information to third parties when:
- we have your consent to share the information;
- we need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested e.g. to credit reporting agencies for the purposes of completing an application for credit submitted by you;
- we need to send your information to companies that are contracted to TradeSmart, e.g. mailing houses, IT service providers, service providers (e.g. assemblers, repairers); or
- we are required or authorised by law to disclose the information.
- Such information remains under TradeSmart custodianship at all times and the agents involved are bound by specific confidentiality and non-disclosure obligations.
Do We Send Information Overseas?
We do in some circumstances disclose your Personal Information, such as your name, address and email address to overseas recipients, some of which may not have the same or substantially similar privacy laws, but only to the extent necessary to provide you with the products or services requested by you.
You hereby acknowledge and agree that TradeSmart Industrial Group may obtain, process and use your Personal Information including your e-mail address to address any network and support issues about TradeSmart.
We will take reasonable measures to protect your Personal Information such as ensuring information is de-identified if appropriate before being transmitted or entering into arrangements with the recipient of your Personal Information that safeguards your privacy. However, you acknowledge and agree that if we disclose your Personal Information to overseas recipients, we are not obliged to take steps to ensure the overseas recipients of your personal information comply with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
Access To And Correction Of Your Personal Information
Generally, you have the right to see or obtain a copy of Personal Information about you that we may hold. To request access to your Personal Information, please contact our Privacy Officer on the details below. If for any reason we refuse to give you access to your Personal Information, we will let you know why in writing. If you believe that we hold Personal Information about you that you consider to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us on the details below.
Security Of Your Information
We are committed to ensuring the security of your Personal Information and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect this information from loss, misuse or alteration.
Changes To This Statement
You can raise any privacy related concern or complaint about breaches of your privacy in writing via the contact details below.
How To Contact Us
TradeSmart Industrial Group
5A Hartnett Close
MULGRAVE VIC 3170
Phone: (03) 8562 2248.